Welcome to my new weekly feature! Friday Favorites is something I’ve seen making the rounds on several blogs I admire – most notably, Cup of Jo. All week long, the internet is full of pretty and inspiring things. And guys, I LOVE pretty and inspiring things. Every week, I’ll be compiling a few of my favorites from around the web and share them with you! I’l l also make a list of good things that have happened to me this week that I’m thankful for.
We’ll start with the good things:
- Setting my writing schedule, and all the things that come with it.
- Getting back to work! Vacation is nice, but it turns out I actually missed my job, and all of the lovely people I spend time with every day.
- Happy hours with friends. Last night Eric and I went out with a few of his classmates and some of my coworkers and it was a blast!
- Buying a new bed! The bed we sleep on now has been Eric’s from the time he was in grade school. We got a great deal using a Living Social deal and we’ll pick it up this weekend! I’m SO EXCITED.
- SCOTUS upholding the Healthcare Law. It’s a step in the right direction for this country and I’m THRILLED that the courts have decided to put people ahead of profits.
And now, some of my favorite things from around the web this week:
Serena’s new Accio Potter feature! This week she reminded me about the ShoeBox Project and the world of Harry Potter fanfiction. It almost makes me miss the days before the release of Deathly Hallows, when I was REALLY INTO the fandom, and all of the wonderful people I got to know! (Also, I’ve been a Ron/Hermione shipper FOR LIFE. Just throwing it out there.)
There you go! This week was pretty short, since I’ve only been saving interesting things for the past few days. I’m already excited for next week!