I can’t believe it’s Friday already! I hope everyone had a great week – we had a lovely party on Wednesday for the 4th and watched the DC fireworks from the Air Force Memorial here in Arlington. We were on the National Mall last year, which was cool, but the view is definitely better from the VA side of the Potomac! Due to being without power for a few days, I have another short roundup for you this week. Barring any natural disasters, I should be more on top of things next week!
Here are a few very good things that happened this week:
- My new iPhone! It’s a week old today and I don’t know how I lived without it!
- OUR POWER CAME BACK! I don’t think we could have survived the last two days without air conditioning.
- Fireworks! And friends! The 4th is one of my favorite holidays because I’m like a five year old when it comes to fireworks. They are one of my favorite things ever.
- Playing Settlers of Catan by candlelight with one of our best friends. It beats sitting in the dark by yourself, that’s for sure!
- I’m in the middle of cleaning out my closet, and let me tell you, I just feel so much BETTER knowing that I’m getting rid of things I never wear or don’t fit right. (Plus, that means SHOPPING)
Now onto my favorite things from around the internet:
The Washington Post has a very cool article showing the power outages caused by the derecho here in DC over the weekend.
There you have it! Just a few of my favorite things this week. What did you love this week?