Yesterday I reviewed a few of my favorite things from 2012. Today, I’m looking forward to the year ahead. 2012 was full of highs (and lows). I want 2013 to be even better.
Every year, I set goals for myself. Some of them I meet, others I don’t, but I’ve realized that if I make them public here on my blog, I’ll be much more likely to keep them than not. So here they are!
- Finish Flightless. I’ve been writing this book for a year and a half. It needs to be finished SOON.
- Finish the first draft of A Magic Dark and Bright, then revise. I’m so close to finishing this draft. I have a lot of work ahead of me!
- Query. Self-explanatory, right?
- Outline and draft one new book. I have more than a few ideas tucked away.
- Write at least 20 minutes every day. If I have more time, then I’ll have a longer writing session. If 20 minutes is all I can manage? That’s okay, too, and I can’t feel guilty about it. Words on paper = progress.
- Read 1 book/week. I want to spend less time reading and more time writing.
- Read outside of my preferred genres. Especially non-fiction. Over the past year, I’ve read mainly YA Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, or Thrillers, and not much else.
- Blog here at bookish more often. Ha, ha – isn’t that always a goal of mine?!
- Keep working hard to grow TGNA into something awesome. I’m really proud of our little adventure, and I want to see where the next few months take us!
- Comment more. I read blogs ALL THE TIME but I rarely ever comment. So I need to fix that!
And Everything Else:
- Think before speaking. Actually, I want to be more thoughtful in general – it’ll save me a lot of grief.
- Be present, 100% of the time. I tend to get caught up in my own mind and live in Jenny-land.
- Get organized. This is a BIG ONE. We have an adorable little house, but too much stuff. Instead of moving (which necessitates curating our belongings), get rid of whatever doesn’t fit. Love the space we have instead of dreaming of something else. Make it our own.
- Be thankful for what I have. I really do have a nice life, wonderful friends, and a loving husband. I don’t need anything else.
- Set smaller weekly/monthly goals. Smaller goals, closer deadline = Jenny gets stuff done.
They don’t seem too bad, right? I think (hope!) I’ll be able to follow through. What about you? Are you making any resolutions or goals for 2013?